- Push in indent (illustration 1) on hand wheel disc. This will stop the needle from moving.
- Place spool of thread on spool pin.
- Slide spool pin holder/cap (illustration 2) firmly over rim of spool to prevent thread from tangling.
- Lead thread passing it first through the lower slot of the thread guide. Next through the upper slot, leading the thread to the right and around (illustration 3).
- Wind thread clockwise around front of bobbin winder tension disc (illustration 4).
- Pass thread end, from inside, through small hole in rim of bobbin.
- Holding thread end, step on speed controller to run machine until desired amount of thread is wound. (Winding stops automatically once bobbin is full.)
- Cut thread; push bobbin to the left and remove it from bobbin winder pin.
- Trim thread end from top of bobbin.
- Press the bobbin winding indent on hand wheel to its original position. If necessary, turn hand wheel to engage needle movement.