AND SET UP
Marking the X and Y axis lines: Using a water
soluble marker, draw a vertical line down the center of the
ivory fabric. Measure 8" down from the top edge, mark
a line 90 degree from the vertical center line.
Importing Design and transfer to Machine
- Open lily design.
- On the horizontal tool bar, select Modify.
- Select Center Design.
- While the design is still on the screen, print an actual
size copy of the design to use for a positioning template
a. Click on the Print icon on the horizontal tool bar
b. Click on the 1:1
c. Click on the Print
- 5. Print another template of the mirrored image of the
a. Go to Modify on the horizontal tool bar
b. Select Dimension
c. Select Mirror
d. Click on OK
- Transfer design to the smart media card or directly to
Importing and Editing Design in Machine
- On the machine screen select the lily design two times,
to enter in a total of two designs, press the layout icon
to access the edit screen.
- Select the Multihoop work area. Move the designs so that
they appear as in the diagram at left. Having the top of
the designs even with the X line and the tips of the design
touching at the Y line. Please note: one of the designs
needs to be mirrored.
- Hoop up the ivory fabric using the X and Y lines that
are already marked for placement. Use the Pellon Stitch
and Tear stabilizer to stabilize the fabric in the hoop.
- Sew the designs.
- Two more of the lily patterns need to be embroidered close
to the other two lilies to create one larger cluster of
lilies. See the diagram at left. Use the printed templates
to help in positioning the fabric in the hoop.
- Remove the stabilizer from the embroideries.
- Cut the ivory fabric as shown in the diagram at left,
the embroidery should be centered on the fabric.
- Remove the embroidery unit, thread the machine with all
- Attach the ¼" quilting foot.
- With right sides together and using a ¼" seam
allowance, sew one of the 2 ¼" strips of red
fabric to one of the bottom edges of the ivory fabric. Trim
off the excess. Press the seam towards the red strip.
- Sew the remaining 2 ¼" red strip to the other
bottom edge. Trim off the excess. Press the seam towards
the red strip.
- Sew the excess strips to the sides of the ivory fabric.
Trim off the excess. Press the seam towards the red strip.
- Attach the open toe applique foot.
- Thread the machine with the green embroidery thread.
- Apply 2" strips of the Stitch and Tear to the wrong
side of the fabric, centering over the seam of the ivory
and the red fabrics. Spray adhesive is helpful to temporarily
hold the stabilizer strips in place.
- Select the 7th folder in the purple stitches category.
- Select the 4th design on the bottom row. Press the "1X"
icon four times to change it to say "5X".
- Press the stitch button again to add another stitch. Select
the medium size button. Press the "1X" icon four
to times to change it to say "5X".
- Press the help button (the white glove on the bottom row
of buttons). Select 30.
- Stitch the pattern on the seam line of the red and ivory
- Remove the stabilizer.
- Lay the batting on a flat surface. Lightly spray the batting
with the spray adhesive. Lay the embroidered piece face
up on top of the batting. Trim the batting to match the
size of the embroidered piece.
- Rethread the machine with the all purpose thread. Attach
the zipper foot.
- Pin the cording to the sides and bottom edges of the embroidered
piece, having the insertion tape extending slightly off
- Use the zipper foot to sew the cording to the fabric.
- Sew the tassel in the seam allowance and the point of
- Lay the backing fabric face up on a flat surface. Lay
the embroidered fabric on top of it face down. Trim the
backing to match the size of the embroidered piece.
- Pin the edges.
- Sew the layers together using a ½'" seam,
sewing close to the cording, and leaving an opening along
the top edge for turning.
- Clip corners. Turn to the right side out. Press.
- Slipstitch opening closed.
- Thread the machine with the all purpose thread in the
top of the machine, and matching thread to the backing fabric.
- Attach the free motion foot. Lower the feed dogs. Stipple
the ivory area around the embroidery.