Vogue Pattern # V7958
Fabric yardage as required for pattern
Notions as required for pattern
Rabbit embroidery design from SINGER website
Lightweight cut away stabilizer
Temporary Spray Adhesive
Robison/Anton rayon 40 embroidery thread:
1. Starting stitch (use color #2 to avoid rethreading after 1 stitch)
2. 2484 – Silvery Gray
3. 2241 – Palm Leaf
4. 2491 – Shimmering Gold
5. 2461 – Wheat
6. 2409 – Yellow Mist
7. 2624 – Pro Saxon
8. 2412 – Azalea
9. 2377 – Bisque
10. 2564 – Mahogany
11. 2574 – Aspen White
12. 2388 – Pacific Blue
13. 2419 – Very Red
14. 2214 – Emerald
15. 2265 – Charcoal
16. 2465 – Scholastic
17. 2629 – Pro Walnut
18. 2278 – Moss
19. 2574 – Aspen White
1. Cut out dress as directed on pattern.
2. Follow pattern directions to prepare pleated insert for dress front.
3. Find and mark both horizontal and vertical centers on the pleated insert. These are the x-y axis lines referred to below.
4. Hoop lightweight cut away stabilizer and spray lightly with temporary spray adhesive.
Directions for Futura users:
1. Turn on the Futura machine.
2. Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the ma chine.
3. Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
4. Open a new screen and open the Rabbit design. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
5. Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
6. Now transmit the Medallion design to the machine and stitch.
Directions for QUANTUM XL-150, XL-1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users:
1. Turn on machine and place medium hoop with stabilizer on machine.
2. Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
3. Open the Rabbit design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
4. On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of the hoop. When the design is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the Rabbit pattern.
5. Thread machine and stitch out the design.