• Marking chalk
• Jeans thread
• Jeans/Topstitching needle size 110/18
• Seam ripper
1. With your jeans on, mark a horizontal line on each leg where you want your skirt to stop.
2. Cut your jeans 1½” below that line, making sure the lines on each leg match and create one straight line.
3. Save your leg bottoms – you will use them later in this project.
1. Using your seam ripper, un-sew (rip out the seam) the entire inseam of your pants. Do not un-sew the seam on the outer part of the leg.
2. Un-sew the zipper fly seam approximately 1” or until it lays flat. Lay the right side on top of the left side and pin in place.
3. Un-sew the back seam 2”, or until it lays flat. Lay the right side on top of the left side and pin in place.
4. Cut open one of the left over leg pieces from your jeans. Press with an iron and lay under the front triangle of your skirt, matching the right side of the leg fabric with the wrong side of the skirt. Pin in place.
5. Thread your machine with the jeans thread and change your needle to the suggested 110/18 size needle.
6. Stitch the leg fabric in place along the previous stitching.
7. Repeat Steps 4-6 for the back opening.
8. Trim all fabric to the original desired skirt length. Stitch long the bottom of the skirt ½” from the raw edge to prevent fraying.