These gorgeous and elegant embroidered guest towels will brighten up any bathroom!
• 25½” x 16½” rectangle of linen, cotton ramie or other natural fiber fabric for each towel
• Medium weight tear away stabilizer to fit appropriate hoop
• Thread to match fabric (needle and bobbin)
• Bobbinfill for embroidery
• Chromium needle, size 12
• 3 colors of embroidery thread (rayon or poly)
• Wing needle, size 16
• Water or air soluble or chalk marker
• Temporary spray adhesive
- CE-350 Futura™
- CE-250 Futura™
- CE-150 Futura™
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- QUANTUM® XL-100
- QUANTUM® Futura™ CE-200
- Futura Quartet™
- Futura™ XL-400
- Futura Quartet™ SEQS-6000
1. Fold under ¼” on each raw edge, and press in place
2. Fold under 1” on each long edge, and press
3. Fold under 1” on one short edge, and press
4. Fold under 2” on remaining short edge and press
1. The two long edges will be stitched first, and then the end hems.
2. Insert the wing needle in the machine – thread to match fabric in needle and bobbin.
3. Refer to instructions below for your particular machine to set up the heirloom stitch used to do the hemstitching.
4. Fold out the hems on the two short ends, and with the hems on the two long sides pinned in place, stitch the pin stitch from the right side – having the forward/back stitching on only one layer of fabric, and the swing stitch “bite” into the fold of the hem. (Hint: use a chalk wheel to mark a guideline along the stitching line).
5. Fold up each end hem edge in turn, and repeat step 4.
6. Mark design center on the towel – horizontal center 4½” above the hem edge, and vertical center. (Fold towel in half lengthwise and finger press a crease to mark vertical center).
7. Adhere the towel to the hooped stabilizer, centering the design markings.
Directions for Futura users
1. Turn on the Futura machine.
2. Insert wing needle.
3. Select stitch #12 – set length button for longest length, and width button for the narrowest width.
1. With machine turned off, attach embroidery unit.
2. Remove wing needle and replace with size 12 chromium needle.
3. Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
4. Open a new screen and open the desired monogram design file. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
5. Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place, smoothing from the center out. This will ensure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
6. Now transmit the monogram design to the machine. Stitch the design.
Directions for Quantum XL-150, XL-1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users
1. Turn on machine and insert wing needle.
2. From the pink tabs, select tab #1, first stitch in the second row.
3. Select smallest size
1. Remove wing needle and replace with size 12 chromium needle.
2. With machine turned off, attach embroidery unit. 3. Turn machine on.
4. Adhere hemmed towel to hooped stabilizer, carefully centering the placement marks.
5. Attach hoop with adhesive stabilizer and towel to the machine.
6. Open the desired monogram design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
7. Stitch out the monogram design.
Remove towel from hoop and remove excess stabilizer. Press the towel.