Indian Tesuque Beret
DescriptionOur Indian Tesuque Beret project can be created using the XL-150, XL-1000, XL-5000, XL-6000 and all Futura models.
Materials NeededLadies’ hat pattern (We used McCall’s M4937, View E)
Yardage as required for pattern in the desired color
Interfacing and lining as required for pattern
Embroidery design SGR0912
40 wt. rayon embroidery thread in a contrasting color
- CE-350 Futura™
- CE-250 Futura™
- QUANTUM® XL-6000
- CE-150 Futura™
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
1. Cut out pattern pieces as directed by pattern.
2. Print out or stitch design for use as template.
3. Mark design center on the front panel of the hat.
4. The embroidery design is centered on the front crown of the hat.
Directions for Futura users:
1. Turn on the Futura machine.
2. Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the machine.
3. Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
4. Open a new screen and open the Tesuque embroidery design. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
5. Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
6. Now transmit the Tesuque design to the machine. Stitch.
Directions for QUANTUM XL-15O, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users:
1. Turn on machine and place medium hoop with adhesive stabilizer on machine.
2. Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
3. Open the Tesuque design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
4. On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of the square. When the square is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the Tesuque pattern.
5. Thread machine and stitch out the design.
After embroidery is complete, construct the hat as directed in the pattern.