Our "Ice Skating Couple" design can be reproduced on a Quantum XL-150, XL-1000, XL-5000, or XL-6000 using your PSW software. It can also be reproduced on the Futura machines. Use your favorite colors of Robison-Anton thread to sew this design.
- Skaters embroidery design
- 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread as required for design
- 16 ct. AIDA cloth – large enough to fit large hoop
- Medium weight cut away stabilizer
- ½” wide grosgrain ribbon
- White glue
- Various stickers and trims for the page
- Holiday themed specialty papers
2406 - Sterling
2477 - Sand Dune
2619 - Pro Brilliance
2373 - Pink Mist
2501 - Pink Petal
2492 - J. Turquoise
2233 - Lipstick
2222 - Light Blue
2472 - Auburn
2323 - Holly
2488 - Cocoa Mulch
2604 - Light Maize
2299 - Salmon
2286 - Tulip
2522 - Bridgeport
2296 - Black
- CE-350 Futura™
- CE-250 Futura™
- Futura Quartet™
- CE-150 Futura™
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- QUANTUM® Futura™ CE-200
- Futura™ XL-400
- Futura Quartet™ SEQS-6000
Directions for Futura users
- Turn on the Futura machine.
- Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the machine.
- Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
- Open a new screen and open the Skaters design. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
- Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
- Now transmit the Skaters design to the machine. Stitch. Note: Color #10 (Holly) will stitch in 2 steps 10-11, for a total of 17 colors.
Directions for QUANTUM XL-15O, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users
- Turn on machine and place medium hoop with adhesive stabilizer on machine.
- Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
- Open the Skaters design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
- On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of the square. When the square is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the Skaters pattern.
- Thread machine and stitch out the design.
- After stitching is complete, remove from hoop and lightly press with warm iron to remove hoop marks. Note: A hot iron will cause the stabilizer to shrink up, so that it will not lay flat.
- Trim the embroidered piece to the desired size.
- Glue the ribbon around the outside edges of the fabric.
- Glue the completed piece in place on the scrapbook page, and complete the theme with holiday stickers placed at opposite corners.
- Complete the page with various other holiday stickers and trims as desired.