A beautiful accessory for any wedding.
- 12" x12" pillow form
- ½ yard silk dupioni or satin in the desired color
- ½ yard light weight cut away stabilizer
- White Dove embroidery design
- 40 wt. rayon machine embroidery threads as required for design
- 3 yards 1/8" wide double-faced satin ribbon
- 2 yards decorative fringe
- 4 organza rosettes
- 40 wt. rayon embroidery threads as required for embroidery
- All-purpose sewing thread for construction
- Chalk marker
- Spray adhesive
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-5000 QUANTUM®
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- CE-200 Futura™
- CE-150 Futura™
- CE-250 Futura™
- Cut a 14" square out of the dupioni - this is for the pillow face.
- Cut a 12½" square out of the dupioni, and set aside.
- Mark a 12" square in the center to use as a placement guide.
- On the front, use chalk marker to mark vertical center.
- Print or stitch the design for use as a template, and trim to use for placement.
- Use the template to position embroidery - centered on the vertical line,
and the design center should be about 4" down from the 12" marking.
- After determining placement, place a crosswise chalk mark to denote design
- Hoop the stabilizer, and spray lightly with spray adhesive.
Directions for Futura™ users:
- Turn on the Futura machine.
- Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the machine.
- Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small
period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the
center function of the software.
- Open a new screen and open the Dove design. Center the design by using the
center function in the software.
- Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the
period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive
stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric
is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center
out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel
- Now transmit the Dove to the machine. Stitch.
Directions for QUANTUM® XL-150, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users:
- Turn on machine and place large hoop with stabilizer on machine.
- Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing
tools to center the period.
- Open the Dove design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
- On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine
needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches
before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive
stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure
that the design will stitch in the center of the square. When the square is
correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the
center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the Dove pattern.
- Thread machine and stitch out the design.
- 1. Trim excess stabilizer from around embroidery designs.
- Trim the embroidered square down to 12½" square.
- Pin the fringe in place on the right side all around the outside edges of
the embroidered square, mitering the corners, and joining the raw ends to
prevent fraying. If desired, baste the fringe in place, using a SCANT ¼" seam
allowance before pinning the pillow back in place.
- Place the pillow back piece right sides together with the front piece, and
stitch them together, using a ¼" seam allowance, and leaving at least 8" open
on one side for turning.
- Press under a ¼" seam allowance on each of the open edges.
- Turn the pillow cover right side out and poke out corners.
- Insert the pillow form (it's easier if you fold the pillow in half before
putting it through the opening).
- Hand stitch the opening closed.
- Hand stitch a rosette at each corner of the pillow.
- Attach 2 yard long pieces of ribbon at the center of the pillow - creating
a "dimple". Using one of the pieces, tie a bow, and stitch it at the center
to prevent it coming untied. Trim the ends to the desired length. Hint: A
doll needle comes in handy for this task, as it's long enough to go through
the pillow filling with ease.
- Use the remaining ribbon ends to attach the wedding rings to the pillow.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company Limited or its affiliates.
©2007 The Singer Company Limited. All rights reserved.