DescriptionStep out in your own style.
- Jeans pattern
- Fabric and notions as required for pattern
- Floral embroidery design
- 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread as needed for design
- Bead trim sufficient to go around bottoms of both legs – refer to pattern for circumference at bottom of leg
- Medium weight cut away stabilizer and spray adhesive OR self adhesive stabilizer
- Sewing thread to match fabric
- 16 denim sewing machine needle
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- XL-5000 QUANTUM®
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- CE-200 Futura™
- Cut out jeans, and assemble front according to pattern.
- Assemble back according to pattern.
- Stitch outside leg seam on left leg and clean finish seams.
- Press seam allowances open.
- Print or stitch out templates of the design.
- Arrange multiple designs up the side of the leg, using the seamline as a centering placement guide. Note: For variety, mirror image every other design.
Directions for Futura™ users:
- Turn on the Futura machine.
- Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the machine.
- Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
- Open a new screen and open the floral design. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
- Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
- Now transmit the floral design to the machine. Stitch.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for as many repeats of the design as desired, remembering to mirror image every other design.
Directions for QUANTUM® XL-150, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users:
- Turn on machine and place large hoop with adhesive stabilizer on machine.
- Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
- Open the floral design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
- On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of the square. When the square is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the floral pattern.
- Thread machine and stitch out the design.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for as many repeats of the design as desired, remembering to mirror image every other design.
- Finish constructing jeans according to pattern directions.
- After hemming the pants, pin the bead trim in place at hemline on both legs.
- Stitch in place using a zipper foot.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company Limited or its affiliates. ©2007 The Singer Company Limited. All rights reserved.