- Chenille or terry cloth fabric as required for pattern
- ½ yard tear-away adhesive backed stabilizer
- Water soluble (gel type) stabilizer
- Boys’ robe pattern
- Air soluble marking pen
- Chromium needles, size 12 and 14
- Hand sewing needle
- Sewing thread to match fabric for construction
Up-Stream" fish embroidery design (print out templates of the 4 sizes
- Robison-Anton® rayon embroidery thread (40 wt) in the following colors:
2413 – Flesh
2605 – Goldenlite
2383 – Cristy Blue
2435 – Blue Horizon
2589 – Deep Windsor
2557 – Pale Yellow
2229 – Palmetto
- Cut out robe as directed by pattern.
- On left front side, use a water soluble marker to draw a line 2½” from the cut edge.
- Pin each of the printed templates in place – using the marked line as vertical center.
The largest of the fish goes at the bottom, then graduate upwards to the smallest – equally spaced apart.
- Use the crosswise line on the template to place a line across the vertical line at the center point of each fish
to be embroidered.
Directions for Futura™ users:
- Turn on the Futura machine.
- Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the machine.
- Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches.
Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
- Open a new screen and open one of the fish designs. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
- Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop,
place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line.
When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure
that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
- Place a piece of water soluble stabilizer on top of the area to be stitched. This will prevent the embroidery
stitches sinking into the fabric nap.
- Now transmit the fish design to the machine. Stitch, using this design.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the remaining 3 fish – opening each size in turn.
Directions for QUANTUM® XL-150, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000 users:
- Turn on machine and place medium hoop with adhesive stabilizer on machine.
- Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
- Open the fish. Use the editing tools to center the design.
- On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center
of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive
stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the X-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of
the square. When the square is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out.
Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the fish pattern.
- Place a piece of water soluble stabilizer on top of the area to be stitched. This will prevent the embroidery stitches
sinking into the fabric nap.
- Thread machine and stitch out the design.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the remaining fish designs, opening each size in turn.
Construct robe, following pattern directions. Do not use a pocket on the robe left front.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company Limited or its affiliates.
©2007 The Singer Company Limited. All rights reserved.