- ¼ yard fabric
- ¼ yard medium weight fusible interfacing
- One 6" zipper
- 3 yards 1" wide webbing (for leash)
- One 1" D-ring
- One 1" parachute clip buckle
- One 1" swivel clasp
- One swivel hook on chain
- Two 3/16" eyelets with attaching tool
- One ¾" - 1" (24mm) diameter split ring
- ¼ yard 1/8" ribbon
- Liquid seam sealant
- One 5½" square (pouch back)
- Two 2¾" x 5½" pieces (pouch front)
- One 3" x 16" piece (collar)
- One 5½" square
- Two 2¾"x 5½" pieces
- One 15" length (collar)
NOTE:Use ½" seam allowance, unless otherwise stated.
- Fuse interfacing to wrong side of matching size fabric pieces, following manufacturer's directions.
- Right sides together, machine baste the two 2¾" x 5½" pieces along one 5½" edge, taking a 1" seam.
- Press seam open.
- To shorten zipper to 5": Machine zigzag across the coil to form new zipper stop; cut off excess zipper and tape.
- Apply zipper using centered zipper application method.
- Remove basting stitches.
- Open zipper.
- Right sides together, place zipper unit (front) to back square. Pin.
- Stitch around all four sides of pouch. Trim corners. Turn to the right side. Press.
- Attach eyelet to upper left corner of pouch about ½" from top and side edge.
- Slide split ring through eyelet in pouch.
- Fold ribbon piece on half, inserting loop through hole in zipper tab. Pull ribbon tails through loop to tighten and form zipper pull.
- Turn under and press a ½" on hem on all four sides of collar.
- Fold piece having wrong sides together so it measures 1" wide.
- Place webbing inside pressed fabric collar piece and pin.
- Topstitch close to edge on all sides.
- Slip one end of collar through one end of buckle leaving a 2¼" "tail".
- Slide D-ring on collar positioning under "tail" and bring toward buckle.
- Topstitch tail end to collar. Stitch again to reinforce.
- Slide D-ring toward stitching. Stitch again about ¾" from first stitching.
- Slide remaining end of collar through remaining buckle section.
- Buckle collar on dog and adjust to desired length. Stitch collar end securely in place.
NOTE: Remaining piece of webbing is used for leash. Adjust length, trimming if desired.
- Zigzag stitch and then apply liquid seam sealant to each cut end of webbing. Let dry.
- Slide one end of webbing through swivel clasp. Turn down end 1¼" and stitch close to zigzag stitching. Stitch again to reinforce.
- Fold down 7½" on other end of leash, forming handle.
- Securely stitch down end.
- Attach eyelet ½" from stitching on handle.
- Attach swivel hook on chain through eyelet on handle.
- Slide split ring attached to key pouch through last link on chain to complete.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company
Limited or its affiliates. ©2007 The Singer Company Limited. All rights