Victorian Crib Quilt - Part 3
Finished size of sample is approximately 49” square. Size may be adjusted
up or down by changing measurements of the blocks and/or sashing strips and
border. Quilt will be completed over 4 months (December 2006 - March 2007); required embroidery designs
and instructions will be featured on a monthly basis.
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- XL-5000 QUANTUM®
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- CE-200 Futura™
Directions for "Part 3" - Futura™ users
- Turn on the Futura machine.
- Place large hoop with the stabilizer onto the ma chine.
- Open Futura software. In the TEXT portion of the software, type a small period in the text box and apply stitches. Center the pattern by using the center function of the software.
- Open a new screen and open the Corner Medallion design. Center the design by using the center function in the software.
- Transmit the first pattern (the period) to the Futura machine. Using the period to find the center of the hoop, place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer and insert the needle in the center of the x-y line. When the fabric is in the desired position, press firmly into place smoothing from the center out. This will assure that the design will sew in the proper position. Cancel transmission.
- Now transmit the Corner Medallion design to the machine. Stitch 3 blocks using this design.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the remaining 2 Medallion designs, stitching 3 blocks of each design.
Directions for "Part 3" - QUANTUM® XL-15O, XL1000, XL-5000 and XL-6000
- Turn on machine and place medium hoop with adhesive stabilizer on machine.
- Using the built-in lettering, enter a small (7mm) period. Use the editing tools to center the period.
- Open the Corner Medallion design. Use the editing tools to center the design.
- On the sew screen start sewing out the period without thread in the machine needle. Machine will move to center of the hoop and only sew a few stitches before it stops. Clear the error message. Place the fabric on top of the adhesive stabilizer. Insert the needle in the center of the S-Y lines. This will ensure that the design will stitch in the center of the square. When the square is correctly placed, press the fabric onto the stabilizer, smoothing from the center out. Cancel embroidery. Using the eyeglasses, move to the Medallion pattern.
- Thread machine and stitch out the design.
- Repeat 2 more times with this design.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company Limited or its affiliates.
©2007 The Singer Company Limited. All rights reserved.