Get ready for the cold winters with this beautiful embroidered snowflake scarf (dimensions: 7" X 64").
- ½ yard charcoal or black wool
- 1/3 yard white organza
- 1 yard of black polyester lining
- (2) 10" X 14" fusible tearaway stabilizer
- Chromium needles size 14
- 3 yards of white satin ribbon ¼" wide
- 12 small silver beads
- Open toe presser foot
Robison-Anton® rayon and metallic embroidery thread #122
- Color 1: 2307 - Turquoise
- Color 2: Silver/black metallic
- Color 3: 2500 - Hot pink
- Color 4: White
- Cut (2) 8" X 54" wool pieces
- Cut (2) 1 ½" X 8" wool pieces
- Cut (2) 10" X 15" wool pieces
Iron fusible tearaway on the backside of fabric pieces
- Cut (2) 10" X 28" pieces of black lining
- Cut (2) 10" X 15" white organza
- Place the 10" X 15" white organza on top of the 10" X 15" wool piece. Hoop both pieces together. Repeat with the remaining 10" X 15" organza and wool pieces.
- Remove the fabric from hoop and trim just the organza piece about ¼" outside of the octagon stitched line. Trim carefully as the organza is very delicate.
- Trim the embroidered wool pieces into 8" squares, centering the snowflake design.
- With a glue stick, place the ribbon on top of the octagon stitched lines
as illustrated below.
- Remove the embroidery unit and foot and replace with regular arm and open toe presser foot.
- Select the wide feather stitch on machine. Stitch on top of the ribbon.
- Repeat steps 3-6.
- Trim the excess ribbon.
- Sew the 1 ½" X 8" wool strip to the bottom of the embroidered wool square.
- Sew the embroidered piece to one end of the 8" X 54" wool piece, right sides together. Press.
- Sew the other embroidered piece to the opposite end of the 8" X 54" wool piece, right sides together. Press.
- Sew or glue the little silver beads to the top of each metallic embroidered blocks in the design.
- Sew the two lining pieces together, leaving a 4" opening in seam.
- Place the embroidered wool piece to the lining piece, right sides together.
- Using the embroidered wool piece as a pattern guide, sew all sides of the scarf. Trim the corners.
- Turn the scarf inside out. Slip stitch the opening in the lining.
- Make a Tuck in the center of the scarf and stitch the entire width of the scarf, sewing the tuck in place.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of The Singer Company Limited or its affiliates.
©2006 The Singer Company Limited. All rights reserved.
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- XL-5000 QUANTUM®
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-150 | Quantum®