This rich looking pillow cover is too pretty to hide under the sheets! (This size will be determined by the pillow you will be using.)
- 1 ¼" yard of print with black background and golden brown in print
- 1/3 yard coordinating small print (Make sure the small print is not too
busy to embroidery on, such as a small check)
- 1/8 yard black cotton
- (1) 10" X 14" fusible tearaway stabilizer
- 2" strips of fusible tearaway stabilizer that will measure the length of
- Chromium needles size 14
- Washable marking pen
Thread: Robison-Anton® Rayon Embroidery Thread #122
- Color 1: Black
- Color 2: 2489 - Golden Brown
- Cut (1) 10" X 22" (Use the full width of the fabric if it is 45" wide) check
- Cut (1) Full width of print fabric (45"). The length will determine what
the length of the pillow is
- Cut (1) 10" X 45" print
- Cut (2) 2 " X 22" (Use the full width of the fabric if it is 45" wide) black
- Iron fusible tearaway on the backside of fabric pieces
- Place the check fabric in hoop as illustrated.
When done embroidering, remove the fabric from hoop and remove the stabilizer.
- Remove the embroidered piece from the hoop. Remove the tearaway. Press.
Trim the embroidered fabric piece 9" X 22". Make sure the embroiderey is centered
before you trim.
- Remove the embroidery unit and embroidery foot and replace with the regular
foot and arm. Select a favorite decorative stitch and stitch in the center
of the two black strips of black fabric. Stitch the design as straight as
- Remove the stabilizer and press both fabric strips.
- Stitch the decorative stitched strips on both sides lengthwise on the embroidered
fluer fabric piece. Use ¼" seam allowance.
- Sew the fabric print to the embroidered piece using ¼" seam allowance.
- Place right sides together and sew the bottom and side together. Turn inside out. Press.
- Sew the 10" X 45" print right sides together as illustrated. Press seam open.
- Stitch the facing piece to the pillow case, right sides together using ¼" seam allowance.
- Turn facing to the inside and topstitch the facing down or slip stitch from the inside of pillow
if you don't want the stitching to show on the outside. Otherwise, using monofilament thread in both the
bobbin and top thread works well for topstitching facing down.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of the Singer Company
Ltd. ©2006 Singer Sewing Company. All rights reserved.
- CE-100 | FUTURA™
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- XL-5000 QUANTUM®
- XL-150 | Quantum®
- CE-200 | FUTURA™