Embroidered Napkin Holder
Dress up your table with this cute napkin holder! (Finished dimensions: 8" X 6" X 1.75")
- 1/3 yard green cotton
- 1/3 yard coordinating print
- (1) 10" X 14" fusible tearaway stabilizer
- 10" X 16" HEAVY stabilizer (The stabilizer used to make fabric bowls.)
- Chromium needles size 14
- Washable marking pen
Thread: Robison-Anton® Rayon Embroidery Thread #122
- Color 1: Black
- Color 2: 2477 - Brown
- Color 3: 2475 - Light Brown
- Color 4: 2425 - Light Purple
- Color 5: 2240 - Green
- Color 6: 2260 - Hot Pink
- Color 7: 2321 - Light Green
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- CE-200 Futura™
- Cut (1) 10" X 16" print fabric
- Cut (1) 10” X 16” green cotton fabric
Iron fusible tearaway on the backside of fabric piece
- Cut two ribbon lengths 15" long
- Place the green fabric in the hoop and embroider the "Roses on the
Vine" fence design.
- Remove the embroidered fabric from hoop. Remove stablizer. Press.
- Trim the embroidered piece to 9" X 15." Cut the print fabric to
9" X 15."
- Place the embroidered green fabric and the print lining right sides together.
Pin the ribbon to the right side of the embroidered green fabric at the center
top and bottom. Sew the pieces together on three sides as illustrated (see
- Turn inside out. Press. Turn the 1/2" seam allowance to the inside.
- Cut the heavy stablizer to fit inside the fabric that is sewn together.
It works best to cut it about 1/4" smaller than the actual size of the
- Slide the heavy stablizer inside the fabric.
- With a marking pen, draw two lines as illustrated (see Figure 2).
- Stitch through all layers following the marked lines. It is a good idea to sew on the lines two or three times.
- Go to the hardware store and buy a strip of metal stock. This can be cut to the desired width and length. Cut a piece for your napkin
holder to measure 1-1/4" X 7."
- Stick a small square of Velcro on each inside corner to secure the sides
together so the napkin holder will stand up on its own (see Figure 3).
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of the Singer Company
Ltd. ©2006 Singer Sewing Company. All rights reserved.