Arrive in style with baked goods under the festive pie carrier cover. Use the same to cover cake, dip or cupcake carriers.
The techniques used were embroidery, top-stitching, satin stitching and ruffling.
Finished size of this pie carrier is 27.”
- "Cherry Blossom" embroidery design
- 75” of 4” wide of solid red fabric
- 1 yard red checks fabric (backing)
- ½ yard red check fabric (2 panels)
- ½ yard of denim (for 2 panels)
- Chromium needle size 14
- (4) 8”x10” fusible tear-away
- 2”x 6” fusible tear-away stabilizer
- Rayon embroidery threads:
(2) shades of green for leafs
(3) shades of red for cherries
dark brown for stems
- Poly-cotton threads: Red
- XL-6000 QUANTUM®
- CE-100 Futura™
- XL-150 QUANTUM®
- CE-200 Futura™
- Measure the pie carrier. For this example, use a total measurement of 25.”
- Create a 25” circle template.
- Using the template, cut the backing from the red check fabric.
- Divide the template into 4 panels.
- Cut 2 panels from the denim.
- Cut 2 panels from the red checks.
- Fuse the tear-away stabilizer to each panel.
- Embroider each panel with the Cherry design, centering the design.
- Remove the stabilizer.
- Join the panels with the overcastting stitch to create a circle.
- Draw a 1”x 5” rectangle on the center of the circle, to be used
as an opening for the handle.
- Fuse the 2” x 6” tear-away stabilizer to the wrong side of the
- Fold and press the ruffle in half, lengthwise.
- Place the Ruffler on the machine.
- Attach the ruffle to the top circle section.
- Press the ruffle to the inside.
- Attach the red check backing to the front circle with a straight stitch,
right sides together. Leave a 3” opening for turning.
- Finish raw edges of top circle, ruffle and backing.
- Turn fabric right side out and press.
- Slip stitch the opening closed.
- Top stitch between panels, if desired.
- Straight stitch around the outside of the rectangle, ¼” from
the drawn line.
- Cut out the rectangle on the drawn line, to make an opening for the carrier’s
- Zigzag the edges of the rectangle, to finish the raw edges. Press.
- Tie bow on handle.
SINGER® and Quantum® are registered trademarks of the Singer Company
Ltd. © 2005 Singer Sewing Company. All rights reserved.