- Bolster-style Pillow Form
- ½ yard Upholstery Fabric
- Robison-Anton® 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread
- ½ yard Light Tear-away Stabilizer
- 1½ yards of 1/8” cording
- 2 yards 1/8” decorative cording
- Three ¾” Buttons
- Air-erasable Marking Pen
- Sewing Thread (to match fabric)
Preparation and Set-Up (Converting Design to Continuous Hoop)
1. Open design in PSW 2.00.
2. From Main Menu, click on Modify: Center Design.
3. From vertical tool bar, select the hoop icon, and then
select the continuous Hoop (50 x 120). Click OK.
4. From Main Menu, click on File: Write using Continuous Embroidery.
Click on Smart Media Card: Save in New Page.
5. Wait for data to be transferred to the Smart media Card.
6. When the transfer is complete, click OK.
7. Remove Smart media card from the Converter Box.
8. Insert the Smart media card into the slot in the sewing
9. Attach the Continuous Hoop to the embroidery unit.
10. Touch the Continuous Hoop icon.
11. Touch the Card icon.
12. Select the design.
13. Touch Layout icon.
14. The design is ready for embroidering.
If using the design as is from the site, use the large hoop
and only do 3 designs on each side.
1. Measure the bolster pillow length, circumference and diameter
(Ex. 16 ¾” x 19” x 6”).
2. Cut a piece of fabric 24” x 17”.
3. Mark the center and draw a line.
4. Draw 2 more lines on each side 4½” apart.
5. Place fabric and stabilizer into the hoop, making sure
that the white fabric guide of the Continuous Hoop is all
the way to the right. Line-up the edge of the fabric to the
edge guide of the hoop.
6. Make sure the needle is right on the line when doing the
7. Embroider the design.
8. When embroidery design has finished stitching, release
the fabric from hoop and pull toward the back.
9. Place needle in the “V” point and clamp the
fabric to the hoop, making sure that the fabric is lined to
the white edge guide.
10. Repeat design 3 more times.
11. Do the same on the other side of fabric.
1. Cut 2 strips, each 1½” wide.
2. Place the Zipper Foot on the machine. Place the cording
on the wrong side of the fabric and stitch close to the cording.
1. Cut 2 strips, each 4½” wide.
2. On one long side, fold down ¼” and then again
½” and sew. This will be the casing.
the edges of the embroidered piece.
2. Fold over the short edges of the embroidered piece and
3. Place the Zipper Foot on the machine and sew the piping
to either edges with raw edges even.
4. Place the raw edge of the casing with wrong sides together
and sew with the Zipper Foot.
5. Zig-zag the edge.
6. Make 3 buttonholes, centering one, and then the other 2
across from the embroidery. Sew the buttons on the other side.
7. Thread the decorative cording into the casing.
8. Place the bolster pillow form and button and pull up the
cording on either side and tie.